Friday, May 31, 2013

I have some strange dreams.



I was driving somewhere on a highway, heading to an appointment at a hospital to mend a gash in my leg, even though there was not yet one there.

I wound up, however, at a large, old house that served as some nursery. Some children followed me wanting to play, but I apologised that I had to be going.
I left the house, received a call from some friends who wanted to meet, claiming to be at a certain level of the building that I had to take an elevator for.
I got back in the building, hopped in the lift and pressed the buttons I needed to in order to go up. I could tell something was wrong with it.
Suddenly, I was plummeting downwards, through over 1,126 (I remember seeing it) floors. My body couldn't stay on the ground as I fell. I could feel, at a certain threshold, that I wasn't alive anymore, but still perfectly sentient.
The door slid open and waiting for me were some caverns. Angular and manmade, inexplicable light source, brown, made of Earth. I hung a corner and walked through the corridors. At the end of what was on this side, I found a small group and a man. The group consisted of people around my age, Each of them had a weapon. It was time to get mine.

It was explained to me that I was not exactly dead, but a weird state that was not a fully-initiated death. I still had some ability to manipulate things, yet I couldn't interact with the living. There was a staircase back up to the living world (significantly shorter than the lift would have you think,) but the people, dead as we were, could not pass through it. We'd find ourselves unable to, and when I pictured it, there was an impasse and I was overcome with blackness.

Back where I was standing, I (as well as some new recruits) were ushered to a room with some cushions. I was to sit on a cushion and a blanket would be placed over me while I meditated. This would reveal which weapon I was to carry. Apparently, the people here would have organised fights. I wanted no part in them, but just in case, I wanted a decent weapon.
What came to mind was a deer's antler. It was gold, and on a peg for handling. It wasn't very large. The more I focused, the more I could superimpose MORE deer antlers onto this thing. It was maybe the size of a kitchen knife. That was to be my weapon. Something indicated to me that it was from my parents.

The man overseeing everyone would occasionally arrange contests, insinuating that the winner might return to the world of the living, but I don't think any of the winners ever saw that result.
I had, at certain times, minimal contact with the old house I'd gotten here from, and while there (in spirit, it seemed) I tried using cell phones and a laptop. When I tried to log into FB or contact anything, it would freeze or shut down. No use in contacting the outside world.

I asked the man how, if I'd died normally and completely, I'd have died. "Breast cancer," he told me. He signaled to the left one. I took note.

I noticed, sitting at a table with me, was a girl who I'd known when I was younger. Supposedly, she'd been 'dead' for quite some time but I recalled having just seen her in the world of the living, spending time with a friend of hers. For her sake I kept it quiet, but asked how she managed to do this. When the attention was definitely not on us, she led me to a closet. In the closet were some small, skinny, white candles. "Light one and go to the staircase. While holding it, instead of walking up normally, hop a few and then proceed."
I couldn't just keep them out where the man in charge would see them, so I shoved a bunch of them in my bra and we scurried out of there.

I knew I was not dead, even if I was in this strange sort of limbo-death and wasn't completely dead as people normally get. I had to return to the world above, so when I had the chance, I lit the candle, hopped some steps and ran up the staircase until once again, I was at that large old house. Still a nursery for those children from before, I heard rumour of a teacher I'd had as a child paying a visit on the top floor. I hurried, since the candle seemed to be running out quickly. I held it sideways so it would last longer. The candle dripped excessively and the flame had an odd texture, more like goop. It was hot, but somehow like goop. I rushed.

When I got to the top story, I navigated through some complex hallways to get to the room the woman sat in. She was there, sitting in a chair at a small desk, and had evidently aged a bit. Still, she looked good for her age. Her hair was darker. She smiled at me immediately when I arrived and greeted me. I was surprised she recognised me, since she hasn't seen me since I was six years old. She asked if my colour was still purple and I dreamed of living on a farm, exactly as she (apparently, in the dream) did. This must have been something I'd said as a kid, so I shook my head. Not wanting to upset her too much about this, I said, "Purple is nice, but perhaps red? I would be happier living in a city than a farm."
Still smiling, the woman picked up a phone (with a curly cord and everything!) and called what I knew somehow was her 'assistant'. She said to the person on the receiving end, "Perhaps it's good you didn't meet her." while still smiling at me.
My mind narrated for me, "Not everyone was being so damn nice to me, afterall." It repeated itself once. I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment